Its very easy to Password protect your website or page so that only authorized individuals can access it. Here’s how you do it:
- Login to your cPanel.
- Scroll down to the Security section.
- Click on "Password Protect Directories".
- Select the directory ‘web root(public_html/www)’ and click on GO.
- Click on the directory that you wish to password protect(For the complete website select 'public_html').
- Under Security Settings, Tick the option ‘Password protect this directory’
- Enter the directory name that you would like to display.
- Click on ‘Save’.
- Click on ‘Go Back’
- Under create user, enter Username, Password.
- Click on ‘Add/Modify authorized user’.
- Click on ‘Go Back’.
There you go. You’ve successfully password protected your website.